Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Frytacular

Well another first weekend in February came and went, and another Super Bowl party is in the books. I considered this one my finest to date, and Amy was sporting enough to drop by with the HD Flip. She caught the first 3 quarters of a great game, and captured what turned out to be the highlight of the evening and a Kurt & Amy premiere: Deep Fried Brie.



Good lord my hair was long. The menu also included such classic fry party fare as frickles, frites, and mac & cheese (2011. Mixed Media on Children of the World Plate)

To editorialize once again, the question was posed: why should I buy a deep fryer? Actually it was posed twice since we took this video, once by Il Buono Dottore, and once by Mrs. Amy's Mom herself. I pointed out that both of them should be reading my blog, but I'll indulge the rest of you.

1) It takes up less counter space than a toaster
2) Most deep fryers have a spigot for easy oil storage
3) Cleanup is a snap
4) Accurate Temperature control means less fat in your food
5) A good deep fryer doesn't cost as much as you think

Just look at all these satisfied customers.

1 comment:

KTC said...

i want some. now.